- Download the MakerBot makerbot request form Your object can not be larger than 5″x5″x7″. You will need to insert an image of your part in the .pdf submission form. Make sure the image is not larger than 6′x 6′.If you are experiencing difficulties downloading the submission form, try switching your browser to Firefox.
- Bring your printed submission form and your STL file on a thumb drive to the ARC office during office hours. ARC is located at 66 5th ave room # 405.
- Import your STL file into Zprint, go to view>calculate part statistics. Multiply the amount of cubic inches by 4 dollars to determine your price. You can also use your existing software to calculate the volume of your object.
- The 3D print manager will check the file to make sure it is printable. When generating a model for the maker bot you must reduce your surface triangulation to less than 25000. You can do this in claytools by importing your model and going to file>reduce for export. On the bottom of the export bar write 15000, and hit save in that bar for your changes to take effect.
- Once the 3D Print manager approves the file, the user must then go to the cashiers office with their print request form, pay for their print, and bring the receipt to the ARC office. (the ARC office will keep the receipt and print form).
- Once the 3D print manager has the receipt, they will then load the part file into the build. The part will be printed in first come, first serve basis (parts take between 5-25 min. on average to be printed). Printed parts can be removed and taken home by the user.
- Files will NOT be printed until they are paid for.
All 3D printing submissions must be done in person at the ARC office. Email submissions are no longer accepted.
Download step by step 3D printing submission guidelines before coming to the ARC to fill out your 3D printing request form. A technician will check your files for errors.
MakerBot parts are offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Average turnaround time for parts is 7 business days minimum (Monday – Friday) during non-peak times, and 7-14 days minimum during midterms & finals.
If prints are broken, you will be offered a chance to reject broken prints and receive a re-print at no cost. Re-prints are subject to the same turnaround time.
All purchases are final. No returns or refunds. Prints are at-your-own-risk.